Online Programs: Inside Out
Lesson 3 – Art Studio: Supplies
Print Making Supplies
- Soft graphite pencil
- India ink, brush or thin-line permanent markers
- Baren or wooden spoon
- Block printing Ink – Water or oil based (colors: black, magenta or alizarin crimson, phthalo blue, process or lemon yellow, white, earth colors – burnt sienna, umber or yellow ochre.)
- Gouge: U and V shapes, various sizes
- Linoleum square 8″ x 10″ *
- Slab of glass for rolling ink with white paper underneath for rolling ink.
- Paper on which to print, including variety of colors. 9″ x 12″
- Drawing paper for planning ideas 8 1/2″ x 11″
- Bench hook: a clamp used to keep the linoleum block in place while carving.
- Alternative: Styrofoam sheets incised with a sharp pen or pencil can be used as an alternative to linoleum, however, it should be noted it is less durable and may not withstand repeated printing.