Online Programs: Inside Out
Lesson 3 – Art Studio: Supplies
Print Making Supplies
- Soft graphite pencil
- India ink, brush or thin-line permanent markers
- Baren or wooden spoon
- Block printing Ink – Water or oil based (colors: black, magenta or alizarin crimson, phthalo blue, process or lemon yellow, white, earth colors – burnt sienna, umber or yellow ochre.)
- Gouge: U and V shapes, various sizes
- Linoleum square 8″ x 10″ *
- Slab of glass for rolling ink with white paper underneath for rolling ink.
- Paper on which to print, including variety of colors. 9″ x 12″
- Drawing paper for planning ideas 8 1/2″ x 11″
- Bench hook: a clamp used to keep the linoleum block in place while carving.
- Alternative: Styrofoam sheets incised with a sharp pen or pencil can be used as an alternative to linoleum, however, it should be noted it is less durable and may not withstand repeated printing.
Our educational programs are made possible through the continuing commitment of dedicated supporters. We thank them for their generous contributions.