Mingle with the Artists at Museum’s Western Visions Events August 23, 2013 | Categories: Events, Western Visions
Guests enjoy food, drinks and original art for sale by more than 150 artists at the National Museum of Wildlife Art’s annual Western Visions Miniatures and More Show & Sale.
Still time to register for fabulous Western Visions parties
Jackson Hole, Wyoming – August 23, 2013 – Although it runs through September 22, offering everyone a chance to bid on and buy original art, the National Museum of Wildlife Art’s annual Western Visions® is known for signature events like its Wild West Artists Party, the Miniatures and More Show & Sale, and hands-on workshops with featured artists. To attend any of these specially ticketed events, registration is required by September 4, either by calling 307-732-5412 or online at www.westernvisions.org.
To date, the sketch and original prints shows have opened and will remain on display at the museum through September 22. Next up is the opening of the Sculpture Show & Sale on August 31 – with a chance to catch a sneak peek at this year’s amazing art, visit with Kavar Kerr, and celebrate with a champagne toast on August 30.
The upcoming schedule of events for the National Museum of Wildlife Art’s 26th annual Western Visions is as follows:
- August 30: Western Visions Sneak Peek; 11:30 a.m. – noon
- August 31: Paintings and Sculpture Show & Sale; 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., through September 22
- September 6: Palates & Palettes; 3 – 5 p.m.
- September 11: Jewelry & Artisan Luncheon; Four Seasons Restaurant in Teton Village, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. $100/person; registration required
- September 12: Jewelry and Artisan Show & Sale; 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., through September 13
- September 12: Featured Artist Event: Going Wild with Veryl Goodnight; 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. $75; registration required
- September 12: Featured Artist Event: Going Wild with Mark Eberhard; 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. $75; registration required
- September 12: 26th Annual Wild West Artists Party; 6:30 – 10:30 p.m. $150 per person, catalog included. Registration required
- September 13: 26th Annual Miniatures and More Show & Sale; doors open 3:30 p.m.; bidding closes 6:30 p.m.; presentation begins 7:00 p.m. $100/person, catalog included. Registration required
- September 25: “Still Available” Show; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., through October 27
- September 25: Art a’ Brewin’; 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Some of the registration-required events are also available at a reduced charge as combination tickets. For full event details and pricing, visit www.westernvisions.org/eventcalendar.
Since its inception Western Visions has been a signature event of the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival, now in its 29th year and taking place September 5 – 15, 2013. Funds raised from the annual Western Visions support educational programming at the museum.
A member of the Association of Art Museum Directors and the Museums West consortium and accredited by the American Association of Museums, the museum, officially designated the National Museum of Wildlife Art of the United States by an act of Congress in 2008, provides an exciting calendar of exhibitions from its permanent collection and changing exhibitions from around the globe. A complete schedule of exhibitions and events is available online at www.wildlifeart.org. The museum is also active on Facebook and on Twitter at @WildlifeArtJH.