Director of Facility & Security Services
The Director of Facility & Security Services is responsible for the efficient maintenance and operation of all aspects of museum facility mechanical systems and security as well as facility and grounds upkeep and maintenance. This position will perform regular maintenance on all aspects of the building and grounds as well as coordinate and supervise the efforts of all appropriate museum support and operations staff, contracted facility maintenance organizations and individuals. This position is also responsible for the efficient and appropriate operation of all security systems. The Director of Facility and Security Services will oversee and coordinate all appropriate security personnel, both staff and after hours security services as well as the timely use of off duty police officers as the situation requires.
The Director of Facility & Security Services reports to the Director of Operations.
Positions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Director of Facility and Security Services will function as a Department Head.
- Follow all appropriate maintenance rules and procedures so as to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all of the museums mechanical and support systems.
- Maintain all aspects of the general facility, both interior, and exterior, to ensure the presentation of the appropriate public image of the museum and to provide a safe and secure environment for all visitors, staff, and collections used or maintained by the museum.
- Monitor, maintain and adjust all environmental and lighting control systems so as to maintain environmental and lighting standards as stipulated by the Curator of Art, the Director of Operations, the Museum Director, and the Board of Trustees.
- Provides support for the installation of exhibits and in the construction/maintenance of appropriate exhibit furniture and hardware.
- Responsible for the management and recording of museum general facility operating supplies and materials.
- Develops and supervises annual budgets as appropriate to the areas of responsibility.
- Reviews budgets regularly and proactively calendars maintenance needs seasonally and year over year in order to keep building and grounds up-to-date.
- Recommends to the Director of Operations, and implements, appropriate maintenance schedules for both in-house and contracted services.
- Responsible for the writing and upkeep of the Disaster Response Manual.
- Responsible for the writing and upkeep of all Fire Suppression/Fire Detection Manuals as well as all HVAC Manuals.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of all aspects of Facility & Security Services.
- Assists with general museum operations as necessary.
- Responsible for grounds maintenance and management.
- Responsible for all elements of facility security.
- Thorough knowledge of essential mechanical principles applicable to the operation and maintenance of HVAC systems and other museum mechanical systems.
- Computer literacy is essential (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Familiarity and knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of small hand tools and general shop tools.
- Ability to work with staff to provide a wide range of general operations support.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of various technical specialists and maintenance support people.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Familiarity with the implementation and appropriate use of all necessary security and fire detection/fire suppression systems, security and facility personnel and security and fire detection/fire suppression policies and procedures.
Full-time benefits for full-time employees.
Salary exempt position.