Ecommerce Administrator / Museum Shop Visitor Services Associate
Objective: This position will have dual responsibilities as follows:
The Ecommerce administrator role requires prior retail and ecommerce experience. The Administrator must have strong emphasis on guest services, online product and visual presentation, be an effective problem solver and possess an entrepreneurial spirit in order to support the museum shop sales. The Administrator will build and promote the Museum Store presence both locally and nationally.
The Visitor Services Associate is responsible for conducting sales, stocking inventory, answering questions from the public and appropriate operation of the museum’s educationally oriented Museum Shop. Must provide a positive public image of the museum to all visitors.
This position reports to the Assistant Shop Manager
Position Duties and Level of Responsibilities:
- Setup products on website optimizing descriptions, and imagery. This includes tasks related to the initial data upload, categorization/positioning, stock status, pricing, and detailed descriptions. (current utilizing the WooCommerce platform)
- Develop all aspects of the Online Store to increase sales and repeat customers through quality product selections.
- Monitor day-to-day activity on the website for shop sales.
- Process and fulfill all online orders. Follow procedures for timely shipping of purchases from the web site.
Visitor Services Associate:
- Conduct daily shop sales, while providing excellent customer service.
- Responsible for efficiently opening and/or closing the Museum Shop accordingly to shop procedures. This includes counting cash, nightly deposit, securing store.
- Responsible for the efficient and accurate operation of Museum Shop and Admissions POS system, cash registers and credit card machines.
- Demonstrate product knowledge to encourage more sales.
- Responsible for providing a concise, informative and enthusiastic account of all relevant museum exhibit and program opportunities to the visiting public.
- Participate in retail training programs to improve selling techniques
- This position requires weekend shifts, and some Public Holidays, or evening events as staffing levels require.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years’ retail experience plus 1+ years ecommerce retail experience (updating webpage contents, i.e. uploading images, changing hyperlinks, etc).
- Strong technical aptitude with web-based tools and Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), knowledge of search engine marketing, website templates, basic Photoshop. WooCommerce / Shopify ecommerce platforms experience preferred
- Knowledge of ecommerce and marketing and the initiative to keep up with trends in retail, e-commerce and information technology
- Communicate efficiently and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate and understand computers, cash register POS and credit card machines are a must, with the ability to learn Quickbooks POS.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Must work well with all elements of the visiting public and museum staff.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be a team player
Full time NMWA benefits for full-time employee