The Events Coordinator works in a dual capacity, providing support to the Events Manager and the Director of Programs & Events. This role assists in the synchronization of both public and private events held at the National Museum of Wildlife Art.
The Events Coordinator reports to the Director of Programs & Events with direct input from the Events Manager.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the oversight and coordination of event scheduling, planning and execution
- Assist in keeping organized, accurate files for all events
- Update records and databases
- Assist in scheduling client site visits and vendor appointments
- Communicate with Museum clients in a professional manner, orally and in writing
- Meet with Museum clients to determine event needs in the absence of the Events Manager
- Accurately update client contracts
- Serve as a liaison between catering (Palate) and the Museum for updated BEO information
- Communicate with the Museum staff, volunteers, caterers and all other necessary parties to coordinate timing and support needs
- Assist with event set up and tear down
- Supervise the execution of private events in the absence of the Events Manager
- Provide on-site support to the Director of Programs & Events during public events.
- Assist with finance-related event tasks such as billing clients, collecting deposits and processing invoices for payment
- Assist with post-event surveys and data collection
- Assist with mailings and shipments
- Maintain inventory and organization of Museum event props & supplies
- Update specific Museum website content
- Assist Director of Programs & Events with public event social media promotions
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years previous experience in an event coordination support role
- Flexibility in personal schedule; the ability to work a wide variety of time frames, including evenings and weekends
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience with Gmail, Google Drive, Docs & Sheets
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Desire and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Full time NMWA benefits for full-time employee