Job Description: Executive Assistant to the Museum Director (10/2021)
Objective: Serves as assistant to the Museum Director, assistant secretary to the Board of Trustees, and office manager.
Organizational Relationship: The Executive Assistant to the Museum Director reports directly to the Museum Director.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Support to the Museum Director:
- Perform all administrative support duties for the Museum Director, including but not limited to maintaining files, correspondence, calls, manage calendar and schedule appointments, reconcile credit card account. Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- With direction from the Museum Director, manage special projects including research, preparing analysis, and recommending actions on various issues.
- Monitor budget for Museum Director, Board of Trustees and Administrative Overhead.
- Arrange meetings and special events related to the Museum Directors’ office, senior staff, and Board of Trustees.
- Assist with Museum Director report to the Board.
- Prepare agendas for department head meetings, attend and participate in meetings.
- Participate as needed in various department projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Administrative Support for Board of Trustees Activities:
- Prepare agendas, minutes, and notifications for full Board, Executive Committee, and Nominating & Governance Committee meetings with Museum Director approval.
- Create and distribute board meeting packets electronically to Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate Board of Trustees meeting logistics and record keeping.
- Maintain and update trustee contact list, terms, bios, and committee assignments.
- Plan, coordinate, and attend the annual off-site retreat for the Board of Trustees and other offsite meetings.
- In consultation with Committee Chairs, prepare agendas, record minutes, and distribute minutes for trustee committees.
- Manage the Museum calendar, phone system, and certain personnel documents.
- Plan all staff meetings & events, including monthly All Staff Meetings the staff holiday party
- Maintain office supplies. Negotiate purchase of supplies and equipment within budget.
- Supervise the maintenance of office equipment, including copier/printer.
- Supervise maintenance of office areas and staff kitchen.
Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
Excellent office and computer skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills, adept at prioritizing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines required.
Work as a team member and project manager to complete projects on time.
Flexibility, resourcefulness, and proactive.
Requires exceptional confidentiality and trustworthiness.
Highly organized, thorough, with attention to detail.
Full time NMWA benefits for full-time employee. Salary, exempt position.