Call for Artists: Juried Exhibit - Application DeadlineApr 30, 2021 | All Day -
The National Museum of Wildlife Art is looking for professional artists currently residing in Wyoming, Idaho, or Montana to submit artwork for our Woven Together: Art and Arachnids exhibit. The Museum is looking for 2-D artwork or sculptural relief (i.e. fiber art, collage, etc.) featuring spiders in ways that highlight their beauty and demonstrate their relevance to the ecosystem. Artworks informed/influenced by science as indicated in your artist statement will be given priority.
Artwork will be juried by staff members from the National Museum of Wildlife Art with input from art students at Teton County high schools. All applicants will be notified of the Museum’s decision by May 15, 2021
- Accepted artworks must come pre-fitted with D-rings for easy installation. No picture hooks or wires. Exceptions to this are artworks that are intended not to be framed (fiber art, relief sculptures). Please contact Sari Ann Platt if D-rings cannot be attached to the back.
- Artworks must not exceed 36 inches (unframed) in either their length or width.
- All artwork must be delivered to and picked up from the Museum by the artist at the artist’s expense. Shipping options are available on a case-by-case basis and must be pre-approved by Sari Ann Platt. Shipping costs are to be covered by the artist if applicable.
- We will NOT be accepting photography for this exhibit.
- Your artwork must be available for display for the duration of the exhibit June 1-October 31, 2021 (these dates include install and deinstall windows).
- We cannot accept artworks containing organic materials (i.e. plant matter, fur, or bone) due to Museum contamination risks.
- Please submit COMPLETED and fully cured artworks only.
- Only one submission per artist.
Accepting Applications March 1 – April 30, 2021
Email Sari Ann Platt at email@example.com with any questions.