Updated Hours, Guidelines and ProceduresMay 29, 2020
The Museum is working hard to keep visitors, staff, and our community safe and healthy. Our number one priority is the wellness of everyone in and around the Museum. With guidance from the CDC, and federal, state, and county ordinances, the Museum has compiled new procedures and guidelines.
Updated Museum Hours:
Tuesday – Saturday
10 AM – 4 PM*
*Hours subject to change, please check the website, WildlifeArt.org for the most up-to-date information.
- For the health and safety of yourself and others, face masks are required at all times in the Museum. Masks are available at the entrance of the Museum.
- Adhere to the 6-foot social distancing protocols.
- A limited number of people are admitted into the Museum at any given time.
- At this time, a maximum of ten people are allowed in each gallery.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at convenient stations in the Museum. You will be asked to use the sanitizer before entering our Museum Shop.
- Please pay your admissions fees, and shop and restaurant charges with a debit or credit card.
- The admission staff is currently unable to store large items during your visit to the Museum. Please leave backpacks and other oversized personal possessions in your vehicle.
- The Museum Audio Tour App for information is downloadable to your smart device. Audio tour iPods are not available to borrow at this time.
New Cleaning Procedures:
- Maintenance and security staff will do their best to clean critical public surface areas every hour open to the public. The cleaning includes handrails, doorknobs, bathroom stalls & handles, elevator buttons, and any other public surfaces.
- Cleaning procedures in the Museum Shop & Admissions include disinfecting products, credit card stations, work stations, and retail counters, at least once an hour if not more.
- For Palate Restaurant, all surfaces will be sanitized every thirty minutes and immediately after guests leave the table, before the shift and after the shift. Restaurant staff will have hand sanitizer available on their person at all times.
- Ultimately, the Museum is taking every precaution necessary to keep our community of visitors, staff, and volunteers healthy and safe.
Museum Programming & Events:
- There will not be any on-campus events or programs at the Museum until further notice.
- The auditorium is closed until further notice.
- Lectures and programming have been moved online. See the calendar for more information.
For Staff & Volunteers:
- All staff and volunteers will wear face coverings throughout their time in the building.
- Limited staff in the building at any given time to ensure social distancing protocols.
- All staff, volunteers, and trustees will be temperature screened upon entering the building.
- Anyone who has felt unwell in any way is asked to stay home until they are cleared to return to work.
- Staff members are required to use hand sanitizer when entering the building and often throughout the day.
- The common kitchen space is limited to one person at a time.
- Staff members are responsible for disinfecting their office areas, including keyboards, mice, phones, and desks.
The Museum will continue to follow all CDC, federal, state, and county guidelines to keep our Museum safe and ready for our community. These guidelines are subject to change, please check the website for the most up-to-date information.