Western Visions® is the National Museum of Wildlife Art’s largest and longest-running fundraiser and is one of the signature events of the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival. Top contemporary wildlife artists – and collectors – from around the world will be congregating at the Museum in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The show features a wide selection of art for sale and the money raised from this fundraiser supports the Museum. The week’s events, offered at the Museum’s award-winning facility across from the National Elk Refuge, draw an international crowd to this critically acclaimed gathering. During Fall Arts Festival (and year-round), the Museum is a hub for art lovers, wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts, and more.
Western Visions® 2021 Schedule
Western Visions® Art Exhibition
September 10 – October 3, 2021
Thursday, September 16, 2021
10:00am – 11:30am MDT
Watch a recording on our YouTube channel here!
Western Visions® Evening Sale
Thursday, September 16, 2021
5:00pm – 8:00pm MDT
*Please note, there will be no Jewelry Luncheon in 2021.
2021 Western Visions® Ticket Options
Due to the rising COVID-19 rates in Teton County, in-person ticket sales for the Western Visions Art Show + Sale on Thursday, September 16th will be limited to 100. This decision was made out of an abundance of caution and the prioritization of the health and safety of our patrons, artists, sponsors, staff, and community at large. We are committed to ensuring that this event is both successful and responsible in these rapidly evolving times! We are also excited to offer three ways to participate this year—in-person, online, and via proxy. If for whatever reason you are unable to join us in person we hope that you will participate virtually! The Western Visions Exhibition opens on September 10th and collectors are encouraged to preview the sale in the days leading up to the event.
For 2021, we are offering guests three ways to participate in the Western Visions® Sale:
Option 1: Live Event Admission – Join us in person at the National Museum of Wildlife Art from 5:00pm – 8:00pm MDT on Thursday, September 16, 2021, for a memorable evening of connecting with fellow art enthusiasts and renowned wildlife artists.
Option 2: Virtual Event Admission – Join us online from home and receive full access to all of the works for sale from 5:00pm – 8:00pm MDT on Thursday, September 16, 2021.
Option 3: Proxy Event Admission – Join us by proxy and receive full access to all works for sale. Proxy forms must be summited by 5:00pm MDT on Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
Bidding Format & Conditions of Sale for 2021
Western Visions® Sales Format
- Each artwork will have a fixed price and will be available for purchase through an “Intent-to-Purchase” drawing format.
- Intent-to-Purchase entries will be accepted, both in-person and online, from 5:00pm – 8:00pm MDT on Thursday, September 16, 2021.
- Proxy forms must be summited by 5:00pm MDT on Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
- Residual sales will be offered in-person and online through Sunday, October 3, 2021.
- All artwork sales are final and there are no exchanges, refunds, or substitutions.
According to IRS Rules and Regulations, the only tax deduction which may be made related to the purchase of an auction item from a non-profit organization is the amount paid in excess of fair market value. We suggest that you consult your tax professional to determine the tax deduction(s) (if any) for your specific purchase(s).
CONDITIONS OF SALE
The following Conditions of Sale constitute the entire agreement with the National Museum of Wildlife Art and the purchaser and any bidders relative to the property listed in this catalogue. The Conditions of Sale and all other contents of this catalogue are subject to amendment by us by the posting of such amendments on the Western Visions website (www.wildlifeartevents.org). The property will be offered by us as agent for the Artist, unless the catalogue indicates otherwise.
By participating in any sale, you acknowledge that you are bound by these Conditions of Sale.
- SALE – The Western Visions® Evening Art Show & Sale will be held on Thursday, September 16, 2021 from 5pm – 8pm MDT. An in-person, virtual or proxy event attendance ticket is required to purchase artwork. Event ticket sales are non-transferable. The sale price of all artworks is determined by the artist and is a fixed price.
- AS IS – All artwork is offered “as is” where is, without any representations or warranties by us as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, the correctness of the catalogue or other images or descriptions of the physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, medium, or frame of the artwork. No statement anywhere, whether oral or written, whether made in the catalogue, an advertisement, a bill of sale, or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation or assumption of liability.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM – A buyer’s premium will be added to the fixed sale price of each piece of art purchased and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price. The buyer’s premium is 15% of the fixed sale price. A 3% discount on the premium amount only will be given for payments made with cash or check.
- WITHDRAWAL – The Museum reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time before the actual sale and shall have no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
- PER LOT – All entries are per lot as numbered in the print and online catalogs.
- BIDDING – The sale format is “intent to purchase.” Individuals wishing to purchase a piece must submit their name to a randomized drawing of a winner for each lot between 5pm and 8pm MDT of Thursday, September 16, 2021. By submitting your name, you are agreeing to purchase the lot at the fixed price if your name is drawn. The drawing for all lots will occur at approximately 8:15pm MDT on Thursday, September 16, 2021. Winners are not required to be present to win. Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the evening on Thursday, September 16, 2021. All winners will receive an additional email or phone notification within 24 hours of the conclusion of the event.
- PURCHASER’S RESPONSIBILITY – Winners must complete their purchase within 72 hours of notification. All sales are final with no exchanges or refunds.
- SALES TAX – Unless exempted by law, buyers will pay an additional 6% sales tax on the total purchase price for all artworks picked up at the Museum or shipped within the state of Wyoming.
- PAYMENT – Cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted.
- EXHIBITION – All artwork will remain on exhibit at the National Museum of Wildlife Art through Sunday, October 3, 2021.
- SHIPPING – Lot winners must declare whether they will pick up the artwork or elect to have it shipped at the time of the purchase payment transaction. All items must be removed from the Museum between October 5 and October 19, 2021 to avoid a $10 per day storage fee thereafter.